Network Automation Architect
BICS is connecting the world by creating reliable and secure mobile experiences anytime, anywhere. We are a leading international communications enabler, one of the key global voice carriers and the leading provider of mobile data services worldwide.
Our solutions are essential for supporting the modern lifestyle of today’s device-hungry consumer – from global mobile connectivity, seamless roaming experiences, fraud prevention and authentication, to global messaging and the Internet of Things.
Headquarters in Brussels with a strong presence in Africa, Americas, Asia, Europe and Middle East. We have regional offices in Bern, Madrid, Dubai, New York, San Francisco and Singapore, a satellite office in Beijing and local representation in Accra, Miami, Montevideo, Nairobi and Toronto.
Pioneering into the future of Next Generation communications. We have achieved a series of World’s Firsts successes with the launch of the first LTE Roaming relation or the first VoLTE International call between Europe and Asia, to name a few.
With a diverse and multicultural team of about 600 employees, we continuously strive to provide customers with the highest level of quality, reliability and interoperability, enabling them to maximize their end-user value.
As Automation Architect you are responsible for the strategic plan, you will:
• Work with senior leadership to formulate and carry out the strategic plan for the automation;
• Evaluate and report on the automation strategic benefits, meeting our digitalization business objectives (customer empowerment) and our operational objectives (employee empowerment, cost optimization, Time-to-market);
• Monitor the improved “Time To Value” using automated, consistent and self-documenting processes.
You are also responsible for the tactical implementation plan (Technology, People & Processes), you will:
• Architect and deploy automation technologies to achieve our automation strategic benefits;
• Define the technical framework considering all relevant artifacts including:
o Security, compliance, access management;
o Infrastructure Environments (WAN, Data Centers, Clouds, Telco Service Functions) & integration requirements/constraints;
o OSS/BSS integration requirements;
o Infrastructure development methodologies (waterfall, agile) & ambitions for infrastructure CI/CD;
o System availability & timings;
• Anticipate, identify, track and resolve technical issues and risks affecting delivery;
• Derive from automated solution the impact on the people, customers and processes. Identify who does the work, how the work gets done, how work/experience changes for our employees/customers. You assure the balance between automation technology solutions, processes and humans that make the magic and drive the change;
• Evangelize re-use & programmability through implementation of shared engineering assets. Support the efforts for cross-training and collaboration, as well as mentoring other less-experienced members aiding in the automation directions;
• Follow up the development teams deliveries and resolving technical problems.
• You have more than 4 years of proven successful experience in Automation technology arena;
• You have more than 6 years of proven Architectural experience and skills from Design, Requirements and Reviews;
• You have broad infrastructure architecture awareness & experience (WAN, Data Centers, Clouds, Telco Service Functions);
• You have in depth knowledge and experience with infrastructure automation design and services, including HA (High Availability), Service modelling, IaC (Infrastructure as Code), PaaS (Platform as a Service) and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service);
• You have experience with management interfaces that facilitate network automation: netconf/YANG, Openconfig, gNMI, REST-API;
• You have a proven background in scripting infrastructure deployments (Automation);
• Proven experience in solutions like (not all) Ansible, Teraform, Cloudformation, CloudForm, Cisco NSO, Ciena BluePlanet, etc;
• Strong experience programing in Python and preferably in other languages such as Java, C, …
• You possess the ability to work autonomously with limited set of instructions, to analyse and operate at different levels of abstraction and to cope with ambiguity;
• You can balance cost against benefits, what is strategically right with what is practically realistic. Willingness to be flexible and not to settle for a status quo. Ability to integrate technical solution within broader organizational & business contexts;
• Ability to effectively communicate & collaborate, to lead and influence and to create an impact within its organization. You have experience presenting Automation technology concepts to business executives and technical teams. You can demonstrate leadership on distributed technical teams;
• You are resourceful, creative and able to find innovative ways to achieve results;
• You are passionate about technology & relations between technology and business;
• You are a strong team player, highly motivated, dedicated and have a can do attitude;
• Fluent in English (written and spoken);
• Sensitive to various cultures and able to work in an international environment.
A professional and stimulating working environment in the telecommunications sector. Various career opportunities within the Proximus Group on a national and International level, high-quality training and a rich and acknowledged expertise. We also offer you an attractive remuneration with many fringe benefits.