BICS is connecting the world by creating reliable and secure mobile experiences anytime, anywhere. We are a leading international communications enabler, one of the key global voice carriers and the leading provider of mobile data services worldwide.
Our solutions are essential for supporting the modern lifestyle of today’s device-hungry consumer – from global mobile connectivity, seamless roaming experiences, fraud prevention and authentication, to global messaging and the Internet of Things.
Headquarters in Brussels with a strong presence in Africa, Americas, Asia, Europe and Middle East. We have regional offices in Bern, Madrid, Dubai, New York, San Francisco and Singapore, a satellite office in Beijing and local representation in Accra, Miami, Montevideo, Nairobi and Toronto.
Pioneering into the future of Next Generation communications. We have achieved a series of World’s Firsts successes with the launch of the first LTE Roaming relation or the first VoLTE International call between Europe and Asia, to name a few.
With a diverse and multicultural team of about 600 employees, we continuously strive to provide customers with the highest level of quality, reliability and interoperability, enabling them to maximize their end-user value.
- You will work with senior leadership to formulate and carry out the strategic plan for automation;
- You evaluate and report on the automation strategic benefits, meeting our digitalization business objectives (customer empowerment) and our operational objectives (employee empowerment, cost optimization, Time-to-market);
- You monitor the improved “Time to Value” using automated, consistent and self-documenting processes;
- You are also responsible for the tactical implementation plan (Technology, People & Processes);
- You define the technical framework considering all relevant artefacts including:
- Security, compliance, access management;
- Infrastructure Environments (WAN, Data Centers, Clouds, Telco Service Functions) & integration requirements/constraints;
- OSS/BSS integration requirements;
- Infrastructure development methodologies (waterfall, agile) & ambitions for infrastructure CI/CD;
- System availability & timings.
- You anticipate, identify, track and resolve technical issues and risks affecting delivery;
- You derive from automated solution the impact on the people, customers and processes;
- You evangelize re-use & programmability through implementation of shared engineering assets. Support the efforts for cross-training and collaboration, as well as mentoring other less-experienced members aiding in the automation directions;
- You follow up on the development teams’ deliveries and resolving technical problems.
- You have more than 4 years of proven successful experience in the automation technology arena;
- You have more than 6 years of proven architectural experience and skills from design, requirements and reviews;
- You have broad infrastructure architecture experience (WAN, Data Centers, Clouds, Telco Service Functions);
- You have in depth knowledge and experience with infrastructure automation design and services, including HA (High Availability), Service modelling, IaC (Infrastructure as Code), PaaS (Platform as a Service) and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service);
- You have experience with management interfaces that facilitate network automation: netconf/YANG, Openconfig, gNMI, REST-API;
- You have a proven background in scripting infrastructure deployments (Automation);
Proven experience in solutions like Ansible, Teraform, Cloudformation, CloudForm, Cisco NSO, Ciena BluePlanet, etc;
- Strong experience programming in Python and preferably in other languages such as Java, C, …
- You possess the ability to work autonomously and to cope with ambiguity;
- You can balance cost against benefits and you have the ability to integrate technical solutions within broader organizational & business contexts;
- You have experience presenting automation technology concepts to business executives and technical teams;
- You embrace the BICS values: Think Forward, Strive for Leadership and Achieve Together. Within your area of expertise, you challenge the status quo and you stimulate others to think outside the box;
- You are keen on working within a multi-cultural environment and you are fluent in English.
What’s in it for you?
- International environment. You will be part of an international diverse team and you will have the opportunity to make a global impact.
- Great company culture. You will be working in a dynamic working environment, driven by 3 core values: Think Forward, Strive for Leadership, and Achieve Together. We look after the well-being of our employees and organize internal events such as happy hours, sports and relaxation activities, parties, etc.
- Career development. From development plans, to trainings and internal mobility, we are committed to ensuring you have the knowledge, skills, and opportunities to maximize your potential.
- We offer an attractive salary package including:
- A competitive base salary and short-term incentives
- Comprehensive insurances including hospitalization insurance, outpatient care insurance, life insurance, disability insurance and travel insurance, fully funded by BICS
- A supplementary pension plan, fully funded by BICS
- A flexible mobility package including company car or car allowance, mobility budget for commuting, bike lease, etc
- A telco pack at home including free internet and a mobile phone
- Many other benefits such as meal and eco vouchers, 32 vacation days, homeworking possibilities, corporate discounts, …
Get a flavour of our company culture by looking at one of our videos: https://bics.com/video-gallery/