BICS is connecting the world by creating reliable and secure mobile experiences anytime, anywhere. We are a leading international communications enabler, one of the key global voice carriers and the leading provider of mobile data services worldwide.
Our solutions are essential for supporting the modern lifestyle of today’s device-hungry consumer – from global mobile connectivity, seamless roaming experiences, fraud prevention and authentication, to global messaging and the Internet of Things.
Headquarters in Brussels with a strong presence in Africa, Americas, Asia, Europe and Middle East. We have regional offices in Bern, Madrid, Dubai, New York, San Francisco and Singapore, a satellite office in Beijing and local representation in Accra, Miami, Montevideo, Nairobi and Toronto.
Pioneering into the future of Next Generation communications. We have achieved a series of World’s Firsts successes with the launch of the first LTE Roaming relation or the first VoLTE International call between Europe and Asia, to name a few.
With a diverse and multicultural team of about 600 employees, we continuously strive to provide customers with the highest level of quality, reliability and interoperability, enabling them to maximize their end-user value.
You join a small team of Networking/IT experts responsible for the network monitoring layer of BICS and take day-to-day accountability for the BICS Splunk platform (v7) made of two forwarders, 6 clustered indexers, 2 x 3 clustered search heads, with the same setup duplicated in the lab and UAT.
Work together with the other Splunk resources within BICS to maintain this system (in production and in the lab) and make it evolve according to users requirements: implement specific filtering, dashboards, integrate new data sources or adapt processing for existing ones (e.g. due to software upgrades in the network) including :
• Deploy newer versions of the various components when appropriate: for bug fixes, to get relevant new features, etc.
• Recommend changes to the architecture when appropriate and implement them once approved.
• Maintain a clear documentation of the whole platform: components, versions, data flows, data sources, etc.
• Interact directly with the users (network operations personnel): capture new requirements and defects into Jira tickets, prioritize these, implement, test, deploy fixes and new features.
For the internal developer community The Elastic Stack (ELK) is in place. Knowledge or willingness to learn to maintain and extend this environment is a strong asset.
• Expert level knowledge of the Splunk suite with ability to define the best suited architecture for BICS' needs, install, configure, develop, monitor and troubleshoot the whole platform. More specifically:
• Architecture administration and design (plus: Splunk Certified Architect certification)
• General Splunk administration (plus: Splunk Certified Admin certification)
• Searching, reporting and management of data and knowledge objects (plus: Splunk Certified Power User certification)
• Creation and modification of custom apps
• Optionally: Splunk Enterprise Security
• Programming/scripting experience in Python
• Some level of telecoms and networking skills is a plus since it helps to understand the contents of the data
• Comfortable working in a Linux environment
• Good oral and written communication skills to interact with users and peers
• Fluent in English is mandatory (French or Dutch is a plus)
A professional and stimulating working environment in the telecommunications sector. Various career opportunities within the Proximus Group on a national and International level, high-quality training and a rich and acknowledged expertise. We also offer you an attractive remuneration with many fringe benefits.