Hadoop Data Architect
BICS is connecting the world by creating reliable and secure mobile experiences anytime, anywhere. We are a leading international communications enabler, one of the key global voice carriers and the leading provider of mobile data services worldwide.
Our solutions are essential for supporting the modern lifestyle of today’s device-hungry consumer – from global mobile connectivity, seamless roaming experiences, fraud prevention and authentication, to global messaging and the Internet of Things.
Headquarters in Brussels with a strong presence in Africa, Americas, Asia, Europe and Middle East. We have regional offices in Bern, Madrid, Dubai, New York, San Francisco and Singapore, a satellite office in Beijing and local representation in Accra, Miami, Montevideo, Nairobi and Toronto.
Pioneering into the future of Next Generation communications. We have achieved a series of World’s Firsts successes with the launch of the first LTE Roaming relation or the first VoLTE International call between Europe and Asia, to name a few.
With a diverse and multicultural team of about 600 employees, we continuously strive to provide customers with the highest level of quality, reliability and interoperability, enabling them to maximize their end-user value.
To join our Hadoop Centre of Excellence, we are looking for a strong technical architect able to own our broad and growing Hadoop architecture. He/she will ensure that our solutions are using full potential of the Hadoop ecosystem and that our Hadoop environment is kept at its best.
The Hadoop Centre of Excellence is part of the Solution Development Team and manages large sets of data that serve as input for our (near) real time reporting. We have a Hortonworks (Cloudera) flavoured Hadoop environment and currently already use components like Nifi, Presto, Kafka.
As a Hadoop Data Architect, you will define the Architecture of our platform, providing recommendation on the Data Model, frameworks to be used and overall process architecture.
You will be responsible for :
• Ensure proper Hadoop solution design, including strong functional and technical guidance to drive best-in-class technical and integration design.
• Design, coordinate and execute pilots, prototypes or proof of concepts, provide validation on specific scenarios.
• Own the Hadoop solutions technical documentation
• Partner with Enterprise architects to ensure Hadoop designs are fully in line with the global Architecture and to provide Hadoop contribution for the global architecture
• Oversee and improve Hadoop design, development (Spark/Scala) and coding guidelines and practices
• Maintain deep knowledge about Cloudera ecosystem and roadmap
• Link the organizational needs with the data scientists and data engineers
• Coach the development team in these areas
Your experience covers the following technical skills :
• Deep expertise with the Apache Hadoop ecosystem and at least one commercial Hadoop distribution (Hortonworks/Cloudera)
• Be able to benchmark systems, analyse system bottlenecks and propose solutions to eliminate them
• Be able to work in teams, as a big data environment is developed in a team of employees with different disciplines
• Proven experience with cloud solutions is a big plus
•You have a proven experience as Data Architect of at least 5 years
•You have good knowledge of out-of-the-box solutions and functionalities present in platform
•You have great ability to understand the business requirements and converting them into solution designs. Ability to advise business about process optimisation to optimise tool usage.
•You’re quality oriented
•You’re open minded team player, ready to adapt to the changing needs
•You’re committed to deliver, pragmatic and solution oriented.
•Languages : English (very good in reading, writing, speaking) is a must
•Experience in a Wholesale environment is a plus
A professional and stimulating working environment in the telecommunications sector. Various career opportunities within the Proximus Group on a national and International level, high-quality training and a rich and acknowledged expertise. We also offer you an attractive remuneration with many fringe benefits.