Lead Data Scientist
BICS is connecting the world by creating reliable and secure mobile experiences anytime, anywhere. We are a leading international communications enabler, one of the key global voice carriers and the leading provider of mobile data services worldwide.
Our solutions are essential for supporting the modern lifestyle of today’s device-hungry consumer – from global mobile connectivity, seamless roaming experiences, fraud prevention and authentication, to global messaging and the Internet of Things.
Headquarters in Brussels with a strong presence in Africa, Americas, Asia, Europe and Middle East. We have regional offices in Bern, Madrid, Dubai, New York, San Francisco and Singapore, a satellite office in Beijing and local representation in Accra, Miami, Montevideo, Nairobi and Toronto.
Pioneering into the future of Next Generation communications. We have achieved a series of World’s Firsts successes with the launch of the first LTE Roaming relation or the first VoLTE International call between Europe and Asia, to name a few.
With a diverse and multicultural team of about 600 employees, we continuously strive to provide customers with the highest level of quality, reliability and interoperability, enabling them to maximize their end-user value.
To join our Advanced Analytics Centre of Excellence, we are looking for a Lead Data Scientist that will help us to discover the information hidden in our vast amounts of data and to drive the growth of our new Advanced Analytics team.
The Advanced Analytics Centre of Excellence is part of the Solution Development Team. Its objective is to implement, develop and industrialize all BICS Advanced Data Analytics developments and Use Case. This covers internal usage Use Cases such as the optimization of our business through innovative algorithm applied to our internal data, and also customer focus Use Cases by developing innovative solution over the data of our network.
As a Lead Data Scientist, you will explore our data, doing ad-hoc analysis, applying Data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products or solutions. You will also be involved in the team growth, coaching and supporting junior Data Scientists.
Your responsibilities will be the following ones :
• Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
• Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
• Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
• Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
• Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
• Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
• Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
• Supporting the business to define a roadmap
• Participating to the writing of the User Stories
• Coaching junior Data Scientist
Your technical experience covers :
•Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
•Experience in data analysis, predictive modelling, and data mining techniques
•Experience with data visualisation tools
•Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive
•Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
•Good scripting and programming skills
•Experience with Scala and Python
•Experience with a Hadoop cluster (Spark, Hive, …)
•Security minded is a plus. For example, familiar with secure IT delivery (code review, security assessments, intrusion testing…). *
Your profile :
• You have a proven experience of at least 5 years as a Senior Data Scientist
• You hold a PhD or Master's degree in a quantitative field (Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.).
• You have great ability to understand the business requirements and converting them into solution designs.
• You are a Data-oriented personality
• You’re quality oriented
• You’re open minded team player, ready to adapt to the changing needs
• You have great communication skills
• You’re committed to deliver, pragmatic and solution oriented.
• You have work experience with the end-to-end data science project life (eg. Deploying scalable machine learning applicatoins to production)
• Experience in a Wholesale environment is a plus
• Languages: English (very good in reading, writing, speaking) is a must. French or Dutch is a plus
A professional and stimulating working environment in the telecommunications sector. Various career opportunities within the Proximus Group on a national and International level, high-quality training and a rich and acknowledged expertise. We also offer you an attractive remuneration with many fringe benefits.